If you're like me, you probably used Trello's Official Chrome Extension to quickly add any URL to your Trello board, or maybe you used it to quickly jump between boards.
Unfortunately, back around June 2021, Google's Chrome webstore team delisted the extension, and Atlassian hasn't been able to find the resources internally to be able to fix the issue.
Sure, there might be other extensions out there that do similar things - but chances are you work at a company that locks down 3rd-party Chrome extensions.
Luckily for us, there are workarounds!
Trello built an official replacement to quickly add any URL to your Trello boards.
- Visit this link: https://trello.com/add-card
- On that page, drag the link that Trello provides you up into your browser's bookmarks bar
- Whenever you're on a page that you want to save to Trello, click the bookmarked link, and Trello will show you a popup to save that link to any of your boards
The official Chrome extension used to let you jump to any Trello board with ease by pressing "T" - this functionality is now built-in to Trello!
- Open Trello
- Press "B" on your keyboard
- Enter the name of the board you want to jump to
The extension also let you search within Trello without having to load the Trello app. You can use Google Chrome's built-in custom search engine feature to be able to do this again.
- Add a custom search engine by following these instructions
- Call your search engine
Trello, set the shortcut to
T, and for the URL, enter
To use the shortcut:
- Click on Chrome's address bar
- Clear the text
Ton your keyboard and hit
- Enter the text you want to search for, then hit
returnon your keyboard
You'll then be taken to the search results in Trello!